Monday, March 19, 2012

Negative thoughts lead to negative behaviors, which lead to negative results.  Science has proven that you are or become what dominates your thoughts.  If you have a problem in a certain area, it just might be because you have allowed your mind to go there in a negative way.  For example;  If you allow yourself to think about an ice cream cone, most likely you are going to have an ice cream cone before the end of the day.  Not that eating an ice cream cone is a negative behavior, but if you allow yourself to do this every day, you will end up with a negative result.
 The good news is that the same is true for positive thoughts. They lead to positive behaviors, which lead to positive results.  And the better news is that we all have control over our own thoughts.  A person can change a negative thought into a positive one.  It might not be easy at first, but it can become a habit if we want it to.  We have to decide for ourselves if it is worth the effort.  Here are some practical steps to making that happen.
1.       Realize that you have just had a negative thought.
2.       Say out loud “I reject that thought” (ok, think it if you are in public)  
3.       Reverse it:  if the thought was “I’m fat”, say “I’m thin”
4.       Repeat the new thought several times in as many different ways as possible: I’m lean, I’m healthy, I work out, I enjoy healthy eating, I have a healthy lifestyle.  (Do this out loud if possible.  This way you are hearing it as well as thinking it.  This reinforces the new thought.)
5.       Imagine yourself in the exact situation that you would like to be in.  Visualize it in vivid detail. 
When a person takes control of their own thoughts, instead of allowing them to wonder here and there, that person takes control of their life.  The potential is endless.
Expect GREAT things and decide to have an AWESOME day.

Debbie

PS.  The Gladiator Run was really fun.  I got muddy, sore, and bruised.  But it was worth it.  I finished 7th out of 23 in my age group.  (I'm now patting myself on my shoulder).  I recomend you do something outside of your comfort zone.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.