Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hitting a wall?

I'm a runner.  I started doing longer distances about 6 years ago.  I had heard about "the wall", but had never experienced it until about my 3rd half marathon.  I literally found myself at a full stand-still at about mile 10.  I was totally ready to throw in the towel and call my husband to come and pick me up. 

What I realized from that experience, as well as several "walls" since then, is that the run, the game, the fight, the sale, etc., is part physical (the doing) and a larger part mental.  Yeah, I know it sounds a little cliche', but I am so serious. 

I know because I'm smack up against a wall right now! 

I'm in sales and I haven't made a sale in 3 weeks.  I can feel my resolve to be strong and work through the wall diminishing.  I have literally thought about getting a part time job at McDonald's to help pay the bills!  But then I know what the competition for those position is like right now, and that sort of stopped me.  (LOL). 

Anyway, I'd like to know if you have any suggestions for me, or if you have had a similar experience, what it was and how did you get out of it?  Please comment

Expect the best and make it an AWESOME day.

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Here's an update on my "wall". I got hold of a couple of mentors, took some classes and talked with some super successful people in my business. I won't say that I didn't wallow in a little bit of self pity while there. But, I did push through the wall. I have began to sell again. What I learned was that we need people to help us get though those hard times. If I had just gotten another self-help book, or done another on line seminar, I would not have learned what I learned. Thanks Dave, Rod and Cindy for your help. I'll be talking with you again soon I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking.