Thursday, March 1, 2012

Embrace your gifts

I’ve known for several years that my ministry and gifting is that of encouragement.  I always felt sort of short-changed by God for giving me such a boring, unnoticeable ministry.  I always wanted to be in the limelight.  I never thought encouragement was unique.  It seemed to me that everyone should be doing it all the time, like keeping a servant’s attitude, or walking in the spirit. 

One thing I realized is that when something comes naturally or easily to a person, we don’t always realize the uniqueness of our gifting.  Then we can take it for granted or worse, ignore it all together and try to cultivate a different gift or ministry. (I always wanted to be a teacher. )

But Why fight it?  We need to embrace it and hone it in order to be truly used by God in it. 

I am pretty certain that my career in insurance sales is simply an outlet for my ministry.  I am invited into people’s homes every day.  I believe that every home is an opportunity to bless someone, encourage someone, make someone’s day.  Often when I walk in, I’m greeted with a stiff handshake and a feeling of uncertainty by the person.  But when I leave, often after several hours, I am very frequently given a huge embrace.  Those are the days that I’ve given my business to God and instead of worrying about the income.  God is faithful: he will provide.  Now it’s my job to be faithful and open to Him and what He’s got in store for me each day.

Expect great things and decide to have a great day! 

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.