Saturday, March 3, 2012

Eye on the Prize part 1

I was lying in bed one morning in, and thinking about some of the major goals that I have for this year.  As often happens, negative thoughts began to creep into my mind.  Things like “you’ll never achieve your goals.  You can’t even stay focused for one day let alone a whole year…. , bla bla bla.
I’m working on rejecting negative thoughts turning them into positive ones.  And as I began to ponder,  the word FOCUS kept coming to my mind. (pause) I remembered a Bible scripture I’d memorized years ago about keeping your eye on the prize.  I couldn’t remember where it exactly, so I grabbed my IPad, which was lying next to me on the night stand and looked it up.  Its 1st Corinthians 9:24 to 27 and it says, Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize! Run in such a way as to recieve the prize. ”  (pause)
Run in such a way as to recieve the prize!  This is called FOCUS.  Train your body, mind, and your spirit to stay single minded and focus on the prize.
So I got a picture in my mind of the prizes might help me achieve the goals I’m working toward.  The 4 main goals are:
1.       A better knowledge of and relationship with my Heavenly Father. 
2.        A better relationship with my husband, Todd. 
3.       Success at work, with a short term goal of qualifying for convention in Kauai.  And,
4.       Good health, with a short term goal of weighing 120 pounds. 
Now, I have a picture in my mind of 4 medals, like a person would win at a race. Each one has one word on it: GOD, TODD, KAUAI,  & 12O.  (show picture)  I can now visualize myself receiving each of these prizes.  Then I can begin to work backward from there.   
--- to be continued

Expect Great Things And Decide to have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.