Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Monday Praises

I'm in love with Today's technology.

Why?  I'm actually blogging right now and taking a run/walk, thanks to voice texting. I'm walking the last part of my run so I can use the time to work on my blog. (How cool is that!)


This is the first time I've actually been out all summer long. Here in Arizona the weather is much too hot to be running outside In the summer. So I spent the summer either running on the treadmill at home or jumping up and down in my living room with my daughter doing "insanity."


But this morning it was a lovely 79° at 7:30 AM when I headed out for my jog. It felt so wonderful to get outside this morning that I decided to take some pictures of what I saw on the route. I feel so blessed to live in such a pretty area.



I spent the first half of my run contemplating what I would say for "Monday Praise",  This is a gathering of Christian bloggers who want to give God the glory for all of the blessings in our lives. And today is the first day of Monday Praise. 

The idea was started by Amy at WalkhumblywithGod.Word press.com But I thought, "what a wonderful way to start your week." By giving thanks and glory to our Savior. I am so thankful for my salvation. I began counting my blessings, and I have so many things to be thankful for that it was hard to pinpoint one. 

Then I started noticing my surroundings. 

How blessed I felt!!
  I can run. I can walk. I can move and breeth.  I'm awake, I'm alive. I'm surrounded with the beauty of God's creation. Thank you God for that. 

I have an awesome family. I thank God for them.  For my children and their spouses and children. What a blessing they have been in my life. I'm in awe. 

I meandered this morning and lollygagged so long that it took me an hour and 10 minutes to finish a 4 mile run. And I loved every minute of it. 


I am amazed at the beauty surrounding me, and how much I take for granted. I never think about the desert as a beautiful place. Yet I see the presents and evidence of God everywhere. And as you can see, it doesn't look like the desert at all. 


We still have flowers! and its summertime!   I guess I'm saying I'm thankful for the small things as well as the big ones. 


Psalm 9:1&2 says;I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult you: I will sing praise to your name, Oh Most High. 

Joel Osteen said it nicely in his book; Your best life now.  "one of the main reasons that we lose our enthusiasm in life is because we become ungrateful… We let what was once a miracle become common to us. We get so accustomed to his goodness it becomes a routine… "

It's easy to praise God for the big blessings in our lives, but I don't ever want to let the small wonders of life become routine. I want to always see God in them. And be thankful for them. Because they each are their own little God moment.

Expect the best. And make it a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.