Sunday, September 1, 2013

Monday Praise: Grandchildren


In thinking about what I am thankful for, There are so many things, it is nearly impossible for me to pinpoint one. So I went to the Internet and Googled 'things to be grateful for'. I did this to help me focus my thoughts on a specific area. Well...a million and one things came up!  Instead of focusing or pinpointing one, it gave me a boatload more to be grateful for. Thanks Google... So instead I decided to start with the obvious. This Week;
I praise my God for grandchildren. 
Lily, Aviana holding Stevie & Isabel


 Duh thought of the day... God knew what
He was doing when he placed grandchildren Into our lives.  

I remember the day that my first child Brook was born. My heart was so full of love for her that I couldn't imagine ever having enough room for another child let alone for anyone else. But God is so good to allow us to expand our love. What I found is the more I love, the more love I have to give. And there was always enough room. But I never, ever thought that there could be a love greater than the love of a mother for her child. Oh how wrong I was....
Aviana
 When my first granddaughter (Aviana) came along, my heart was so full of love for that child that it felt like it would explode.   She was two weeks old when I first met her and I immediately started crying like a baby. I loved her so much, and because we lived in Washington state and they lived in Arizona, I was devastated to think that the next time this child saw me she would not know me.

In fact the love for this beautiful baby was so strong that we sold our house in Washington and moved to Arizona.

Since then, God has been so good and blessed us with three more beautiful grandchildren in our lives. And praise God, they all live close by. I love their joy of life. Their daily exuberance and excitement is like a refreshing rain. 
Isabel

As I watch their carefree play, it refreshes my heart and helps me to remember not to take life so seriously. They usually have smiles on their faces and their giggles are medicine to my soul.  Even when they're being loud and silly
Isabel, Avi holding Stevie, Lily

They give and receive love with such ease and grace. And they're untainted by the world as of yet. I pray that they would maintain their sweet innocence with God's protection for as many years as possible. 

Proverbs 17:6 says "grandchildren are the crown of the aged..."

Lily & Isabel
Aviana
Lily
While I won't admit to being aged, I will admit that they are my crown. They bring so much joy to my life that I am blessed beyond measure.

Praise God for grandchildren!

6 comments:

  1. I love this!! Your grandchildren are precious!! You have so much to be thankful for!! Come by and link this to Monday Praises so more people can read it!!
    www.walkhumblywithgod.wordpress.com
    Click on the little from button at the bottom and follow the steps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm so glad you stopped by. I've linked it to your blog. Just not sure if it worked. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are precious! Coming over from Amy's Monday Praises! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nanette,
    Thanks for checking it out. And for your sweet comment. I'll check your comments out on Amy's blog. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandchildren are really precious and bueatiful ... am joining you to thank God .... everlasting father am joining my sister to appriciate for what you have done in her life.. we so much grateful to you...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking.