Friday, October 26, 2012

We're here!

Yeah!!! We're here.  We arrived in NYC late this afternoon and the first thing we got to see in this great city was the taxi stand attendant curse out a taxi driver on our behalf.  We ended up with a great driver who familiarized us with the city as he drove us to our hotel.  We had to have two cabs between the four of us because one could not accommodate all of our luggage.  I guess the other driver wasn't as informative and friendly as ours.

Once we got situated in the hotel we walked to a local diner called O' Casey's, which the concierge recommended.  I was a little wary about going to a place recommended by a guy paid to recommend them, but I must admit the food was very good and the prices were reasonable.  I enjoyed warm pork tenderloin salad which very delicious and more than enough food for one person.  I would definitely eat there again if  there were not so many other great places to try.

After dinner we took a walk down to Time Square, about 3 blocks from our hotel.  On the way we found a great little park called Bryant park.  (we stopped ther on the walk back as well) It had an ice skating rink and lots of little shops and food vendors.  After meandering for a few minutes there, we strolled on down to the Square.  I can't even begin to try to describe the scene there.  All I can say is, it's just like in TV, but on steroids.  There were thousands of people, but surprisingly, I felt very safe.

So, about the big storm.  It's mostly hype.  It was a beautiful, balmy night, without even a hint of wind or rain.  It does look like we could get some weather, but our ship is still set to sail on time.  We aren't worried at all.

Tomorrow we are doing the bus tour thing, and Sunday we are going to a play.  Not sure which one yet though.  I'll keep you posted.

(Please bear with me on any typos, as I'm using my IPad and having a tough time getting it to cooperate.)

The pork was

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.