Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hawaii here we come.

I found out yesterday that I'm on track for convention in Hawaii.  I keep having this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I'm not going to make it.  There is an old tape playing in there that I've got to get rid of. It's saying that I won't, can't, never have and never will achieve what I've set out to do.  The only problem with it is that it is a lie.  I have set high goals for myself and achieved them.  I've hiked the Grand Canyon, I've run a marathon, to name two of my biggest.  And yes I will admit that those were physical goals, which for some reason seem to be a little easier for me to achieve.  But one of the things that I learned during the experiences was to set small goals, and achieve those first before moving on to the giants. It's easy to conquer the little hills first.

I need to keep this kind of a mind set while working on achieving career and financial goals.  I also need to keep that long term goal in the back of my mind so that I don't loose focus along the way.  If I didn't have the grand canyon in my mind, I may have stopped at the achievement of summiting the white tanks, or Mt Humphrys or any of the smaller hikes in between.  Then I would have missed out on seeing the beauty of havasupai falls and the majesty of the view from the north rim.  It's not just the conquering of the goals that's important, it's also the trip along the way, the journey.  It's not always easy, but it's well worth it when you have great memories to look back on and new friends to share new experiences with as well as the rewards of the achieved goal. Whether they be financial, physical, spiritual, or personal growth and achievement.

I will be going to Hawaii in the spring.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Mom! You inspire me :-) And Saturday we will conquer one of my lil hills. My first 5k...all thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're thinking.