Saturday, April 14, 2012

...perfect Saturday ...

What a perfect Saturday morning.  I got to sleep in until 7:30 when I woke up on my own, a nice slow awakening, no alarm clocks, no telephones…. Ahh….  There was nothing pressing to get up for so I just lingered in bed for a little while until I was ready to get up.  Laying there contemplating my blissfully empty day, I remembered my mom had loaned me her foot bath/massager.  I have been wanting to give myself a long leisurely pedicure.  So I filled that baby up with the hottest water I could get out of the tap and let my tootsies soak and vibrate for a full hour while I had my morning quiet time and devotional.  It was heaven. Afterwards I filed, buffed and polished them into the most glamorous piggies in the whole house! Which wasn’t hard, since it’s just me and my honey now.
After a couple of hours of glamorizing my feet I was ready to get up and do something.  About that time Todd came in and invited me to go to the bookstore with him.  This is one of my favorite places to hang out, so of course I accepted.  Ours has a nice little coffee shop inside.  So as soon as I found the book and magazine that I wanted to get, I got me a little cup of coffee and found a quiet spot to plant myself.  I leisurely began to read this most intriguing magazine.  It was about blogging and journaling.  I was of course drawn in immediately.  Todd came and found me after he’d gotten the books he was looking for, but I was not ready to go.  So we sat together and enjoyed another hour of quiet contentment.  How blissful…
Everyone needs a day like this from time to time.  I think I could be quite happy with one a month…  I’m already looking forward to the next one. 

Expect GREAT things, and decide to have an AWESOME day.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.