Thursday, April 19, 2012


Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream. ~ Lao Tzu in Lao Tzu

I start my day out every day with intentional optimism. I get up an hour early so that I can read positive things; the Bible, inspirational blogs or articles, watch inspiring videos. It helps me have a better day. I decide every morning to be happy, to fill my mind with good thoughts and reject negative thoughts.

 I know I'm probably not the most optimistic and successful person you know. And I'm not trying to toot my own horn. I'm am just suggesting happiness and success are a state of mind. Every person has their own definition of what that means. I believe we all have a choice to be or not to be what ever that means to us.

History has proven, that when a person focuses singlemindedly on something, they will achieve it. It's not always easy. It usually takes some hard work, but the results are well worth the effort.

Expect GREAT things and decide to have an AWESOME day.

Debbie

PS. The picture is of me and my friends after the San Diego Rock and Roll marathon in 2009

2 comments:

Tell me what you're thinking.