Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Early morning blessing

This morning as I was having my quiet time with the Lord, one of the devotionals I was reading posed the question, "in what areas are you resistant to change?" this triggered the question in my mind " what would I like to change into?" (which was not the intent of the question at all, but that's how a narcissistic mind works, it's all about me, my needs, my shortcomings , etc). Anyway, as I thought through my version of the question, I said, 'I'd like to be more like so and so, a doer, a worker, a getter done person.' Which led to the thought, 'I should call her and tell her how much I appreciate her.'

Suddenly, I found myself awash in tears, as God profoundly told me that he made me the encourager and her the worker. That those are our gifts. That He loves us. And that He loves to see us utilizing the gifts that He gave us.

Wow, what a way to start your morning! What a lovely little blessing. Now back to the question at hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.