Friday, April 3, 2015

Today is Good Friday

Today's Good Friday.  I never took the time to really digest what today was about.  I dont mean to say that I didnt understand the meaning of Good Friday.  But I never sat down and read, and absorbed what took place on that day.  The physical pain that Jesus endured is so hard to fathom, that I never really went beyond that.  But today, I have been reading my devo with the other SRT sisters,
http://shereadstruth.com/2015/04/03/it-is-finished/
, and there is sooo much more.  The shear weight of the burden of every sin that has ever or will ever be committed.... we will just never understand... I just cant fathom it.  And... the crowd that gathered to watch this specticle.... something happened... changed in them.  When the lights went out for 3 hours.. and the veil in the temple was torn in half... oh, the gravity of what they had just seen, even taken part in... they went home "beating their chests"!  Whoa!  
Psalm 22:27-31Luke 23:44-49Mark 15:33-39John 19:28-30

My heart is so heavy as tears flow down my cheeks at the thought of what took place on this day... for me!  Yet, it brings so much joy!  Joy to know what took place on this day FOR ME!  Though I dont deserve it, I can now have a relationship with my heavenly Father.  And....

"Because it is finished, there is nothing that any one of us can contribute to Jesus’ work on the Cross to bring us any closer to salvation." 


Thank You Jesus!  Thank you for your sacrifice for me... for all of us this day.  I'm so grateful that all I have to do is accept it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.